Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




After a couple of spin classes on the weekend, and doing resistance training on the legs and gluteus maximus yesterday, I thought I'd take it easy with a run tonight.  A quick couple of miles, along the creek and back.  No problem.

Well, that was wrong!

Right from the first few steps, I could feel my ankles were tight and, well, not too happy with me for venturing out today.  I coupld barely go a couple of minutes without having to stop for breath, and the gentle hills of the path suddenly seemed like the Swiss freakin' Alps when I was running up them!

I did complete the 2 miles, it took 21 1/2 minutes, and was more than a little humbling.  I'm going to blame the heel raises yesterday (PB on those weights), the fact I hadn't eaten anything for a few hours, and too little sleep last night.  But bottom line is, I need to get out a few times a week and start really focusing on getting better at this.  With the nice weather here, outdoor running is going to become part of my routine.  (My tally of 3.25 miles this year is a little embarrassing at this point.)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home