Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




With yesterday's chest/back workout in the books, tonight was a great opportunity to get out of my comfort zone on the CT side and get in a run.  (I should probably say, "run" in quotes, since my treadmill sessions are an ugly combination of running, walking, gasping, and sweating.  nothing like Alberto Salazar, or anything like that...)

After a 5 minute warm-up, I managed to do my benchmark 3.1 miles (5km) in under 33 minutes - getting close to my goal of a 30 minute 5k and well within striking distance to DO a 5k, outdoors, with actual other people, without using a bike or moped, this summer.

I'm not sure if once or twice a week is enough to get there, though.  With two or three spin classes a week, plus three RT's, it doesn't leave much time for running.  Like everything else in life - if I really want to become a runner (instead of a "runner") I need to prioritize it, rather than picking away at it in my spare time.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home