Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




My workout numbers are hiding a worrisome fact for this challenge - I've hit that rut that makes the commitment a lot tougher to achieve.  Although I'm on track on both the resistance and cardio portions, I've had a heck of a time dragging my but in for a lower-body workout this week.  I've been avoiding the weights, jumping into cardio classes or running on the treadmill to put off the inevitable.

Well, THAT STOPPED TONIGHT.  I got in a good lower-body RT, with big-weight (for me) front squats, leg extensions & curls, and my first sets of Bulgarian split squats of the challenge.  That whole thing about "muscle memory" seems to be a farce, by the way... a few times I almost toppled over during those sets, even at relatively low weights.

With the long weekend coming up, I'm hoping to get in at least two RT's and 2-3 CT's, and keep the diet clean.  I need to ramp up the water intake as well; I stopped drinking water, for the most part, and I'm actually seeing a negative impact from that on my weight.  Less than 2-3 litres of water in a day, and I think the body retains what little does come in.

2 comments:

Nice new format to your Blog.

Amazing how easy it is to slip and just let things go. All of us fall into the same trap - but you have recognized the problem and are dealing with it - that's great.

Keep up the good work.
TNT Man

April 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Thanks for the encouraging words, TNTMan. The new site theme is an interim step - there were some limitations in the old theme but I didn't have time to redo the whole thing yet. Stay tuned for the next version, coming soon!

April 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home