Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




As part of the rejigging of my program, I added side lunges to my leg routine today.  I think I tried them once before years ago, but felt way too awkward doing them.  This is an exercise I don't think I've ever seen anyone doing.

Well, under the new mantra of "by the book" I'm going to do them regularly.  Didn't quite have the form right today, but did do two sets of something approximating a side lunge.  Didn't notice anyone pointing and laughing, either, so that's a good thing.

BTW, here's a link showing what it is supposed to look like... http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBSideLunge.html

Apparently it targets the gluteus maximus and quads, depending on how far you step.  And there is definitely no downside to a stronger, tighter gluteus maximus, is there?

1 comments:

Your Blog is keeps on getting better - Nice.

Side Lunges are one exercise that I have shied away from - I guess that means - I better get my glutes working on them.

April 13, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home