Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




Friday's are usually tough days for me to get in a workout - regular working days, my gym closes early, and I want to spend the last day of the week having a relaxed dinner with my family rather than the usual hustle and bustle during the week. 

Today was different, though.  On the way to pick up my daughter from her day camp, I arrived 45 minutes early and stopped at the affiliate gym two blocks from the camp location downtown.  I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill, doing three phases of shorter runs while varying the speed to get a more intense workout in.  I'm trying to increase my speed, and shorter bursts seems to be a recommended way to do it rather than a half-hour of steady state.

It felt like a great workout!  I set a PB for one mile at 9:49 at 1% incline (I don't track this stat too often but it's still a good thing!) and maintained a 7mph pace for quarter-mile segments, so that's progress over my usual 5.8mph slogging!  Next stop - a 30-minute 5k!  (I need to pare about 4 minutes off my current pace to accomplish that.)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home