Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




Wow, the workout yesterday really hit my shoulders hard. I think that must be the weakest link right now in terms of upper body muscles. Pretty much every exercise I do on upper body day hits one of the three deltoids, naturally, and I was feeling all three of them yesterday and today. Actually, I am not upset about that at all - since I'm in full-fledged weight loss mode, one of my objectives is to do compound exercises that draw in the maximum number of muscles, rather than isolation moves. Feeling the shoulders during moves like the bench press or dumbbell row says to me that using free weights is hitting the stabilizing muscles more than some of the machines were before.

At this point in the challenge, I am "green" on CT's and CE's, as well as my personal goals. A "yellow" caution light is indicating on the RT side; I am maybe one behind. Next week I am planning three RT sessions in to stay on track.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home