Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)





So far so good on all aspects of the challenge - got in an RT session yesterday (chest/back/arms) and got my butt kicked in a spin class this morning. I ran out of gas at about the 30 minute mark (middle of a long climb) and had a tough time keeping up for the last third of the session. Looked like a drowned rat by the end - kind of like Blaze here. I might have to invest in some dry-fit workout clothes!
The different styles of the class leaders really make a difference on how the sessions go - today's instructor comes across as a bit of a drill sergeant (in a good way) and you feel like you're letting the whole room down if you don't get up, dig, or sprint when she says so.

For me, the toughest part of the challenges are the weekends. Sneaking away from the family for 90 minutes or so to get in a workout seems wrong on the few days we get to spend together, and wine and beer seem to call my name a lot louder on Saturday and Sunday. Taking full advantage of the few cheat meals available, and paying close attention to portion control (including recorking the wine bottle after one glass) are skills I'm still learning here at the beginning of my second challenge.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home