Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




I managed to get in my resistance training yesterday (lower body and abs) and I'm pretty happy with how it went. The barbell lunge/squat superset does not involve a ton of weight, but by the end of each set I'm feeling pretty wasted in terms of my legs. I added in a heavier V-squat right afterward, using a Hammer Strength machine, to push my quads a bit more.

Today, I jumped into a spin class led by a more soft-spoken instructor - she is actually the one who led my first class too. (Was that only three or four weeks ago? Seems like a lot longer!) I really get a lot out of her approach, and work at at least as high an intensity as with the higher-volume instructors!

So far, this challenge seems to be off to a promising start. Last night, a friend I haven't seen in a while noticed the weight loss, even in a dark parking lot (I'm down probably 15 pounds from my peak in February). I have noticed a reduction in some measurements already, and my reported 2lb weight loss in the Summer 52DC is sandbagged a bit. My old spring scale bounces around when I weigh myself, and I've changed from the "minimum" reading to the maximum reading so that I'm not understating my weight. Bottom line - I think I may have lost a bit more but I'm not going to report it unless the scale holds solid at that number. Oh, and if I hit my target, I'll be getting a fancy new health scale (w/BF measurement ) to take things to the next level!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home