Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




Since today is a day off from exercise (Tuesday and Thursday are typically off) I figured a mention of my eating habits might be warranted.  A few principles I'm following include ALWAYS eating breakfast (usually Kashi Go Lean Crunch w/milk, or a protein shake), eating small snacks mid-morning and mid-afternoon, and keeping portion size down.  I've really noticed a difference in how much I eat when I'm not going even hours between lunch and dinner!

Today I lucked into a chick pea salad as a side dish at lunch.  I had no idea how healthy chick peas (aka garbanzo beans) really are!  Lots of protein, some fiber, and a very reasonable amount of calories for an adult-sized serving.  Some onion, bell pepper, and vinaigrette, and I was good to go!!!  I'm going to try out this recipe next time - the humble garbanzo bean may become a staple during this challenge!

2 comments:

Sounds like you are tightly focused on your diet. I have to laugh - mine is 180 degrees opposite to yours. But - they both work for each of us.

Eat well.
TNT Man

October 23, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Eating is 80% of the battle! Great job on setting yourself up to succeed! I love garbanzo beans, especially on salad, have been wanting to make some homemade hummus but haven't done that yet!

Good luck!

BBM

October 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home