Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




Tuesday tends to be a day off from working out for me.  I've convinced my wife to take a pilates class on Tuesdays, so I'm on munchkin duty until 8pm and then usually on bedtime story duty after that, which can stretch as late as 9:30pm before things settle down.  It's not a problem at all - although there are nights like tonight where I could really use an opportunity to blow off some steam and energy at the gym.  But even without working out, there's still time to obsess about food.

I am on a gradual campaign to eliminate all the artificial and excessively-processed foods from our household.  OK, maybe not all of them, but the vast majority.  As a result, my collection of crazy kitchen equipment is growing - I now have a waffle iron (better to make fresh than buy frozen - oatmeal protein waffles anyone?), a rice cooker (for hassle-free brown rice) and a huge collection of free-range chicken carcasses, lovingly collected over the past few months, waiting to be made into stock.  I made a batch of whole-wheat pitas last weekend.  You can bet that I will be sneaking a pasta machine in soon as well.  And with all that, on Tuna Tuesday, I ended up buying a tuna sandwich on whole wheat at the company cafeteria.  Too lazy to even make my own sandwich.  Sheesh.

2 comments:

Munchkin duty! How lucky you are to have that time with your kids! You still have plenty of time to get your workouts in!

Always love making whatever foods fresh that I can...would love to hear about your pita recipe!

Enjoy your new lifestyle!

BBM

October 28, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Say NO to the pasta machine. Not worth it. Been there and done that - cheaper and easier all around to buy the healthy variety than make it.

October 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home