Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




Today feels pretty good when it comes to my fitness challenge.  It started off with a small, CE-friendly breakfast (Kashi Go Lean), then off of the gym with a plan to hit the 8:30am spin class.  Turns out the class was full, so I hit the weights instead.  My triceps and delts are still sore from my last upper body split, so I focused on lower body.  Front squats, split squats, lunges to start (only two sets each though) then hit the machines for leg extensions and leg curls.  I topped it off with some core stuff - back extensions and hanging leg raises (with twists).  Feeling pretty good, I grabbed a bike in the 9:30 spin class and got my cardio in too.

It has been quite a while since I did a full-blown double RT/CT session like that, and I can't remember the last time I did front squats.  They seem to help me keep proper form - I have a tendency to lean forward during squats and I seem to keep back better with the weight in the front.  This was probably my first time in six months on that evil haning leg raise contraption too - but it felt pretty good!  All in all, a good day so far!

1 comments:

You are obviously making nice progress. Feels good when it all comes together. Keep up the great work.
TNT Man

November 5, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home