Fall 52DC Objectives:

88 Clean eats (out of 104 possible)
20 Resistance training sessions
20 Cardio workouts
Lose 10.5 lbs (5% body weight)




I've finished week 6 of the C25K, although I came up short in my 25-minute run yesterday.  I got to 17 minutes, took a 2-minute recovery pause, then did eight more minutes (including the one-minute self-assessed penalty for wimping out!)  Ocverall, with warm-up and cool-down, I hit the 5k distance for the first time (3.1 miles on the treadmill). 

I was almost ready to pass on the whole thing - I'd done the W6D2 run (8 min run/3 min recovery/8 minutes run) on Saturday, then a killer spin class on Sunday; my shins were sore, my legs felt like jello, and I was overall just feeling drained.  The gym was busier than I'd ever seen before, just to top it off - I was ready to go home instead.  I'm glad I did stick it out; even with the unscheduled pause at the 2./3 mark, I felt it was a great run and another step forward!

I'm going to log my distance for the last three months of the year with a goal of hitting 200km, or 120 miles, over that period of time.  i'm at about 5.75 miles so far, with the next run on Wednesday night.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home